This one day program looks closely at the fundamental and safe work practices for indoor overhead craning. This training stresses the use of proper lifting mechanics, regulations, and responsibilities of overhead crane operators.
- The course is an 8-hour in-class session and a customized hands-on session on site at your location
- The participants are required to successfully complete the written test and are evaluated on their practical knowledge, ensuring they fully understand the training they received.
- They must achieve a minimum of 80% on both sessions for successful completion.
- Hazard awareness, basic equipment and design principles pre-shift equipment inspections
- types of hardware, equipment applications/ rigging safe hoisting/ operating hand signals for slingers and operators techniques
- capacity ratings/load weight calculations, pedestrian/operators safety, hitches and angles
- Upon completion, successful students will be presented a Certificate and laminated walled card