Facility & Length of course
- 8 Hour Day
- Hosted at Karl W. Richter Ltd’s training room (350 Middlefield road)
This is a full day program for those who rappel or abseil over and or down the side of structure to acquire a work position than cannot be accessed by other means.
- The program will examine various synthetic ropes, anchor selection, selecting paths of decent as well as a variety of knots
- There are a number of decent devices including Petzl I’d, Anthron, Rope Rider and Miller Cams to name a few
- Tailored to the specific mechanical hands free device requested by the client, or a decent device will be suggested beforehand for consideration.
- This program will not use friction devices that are not equipped with mechanical brakes such as Fisk Descenders
- Equipment care, use and set up are also discussed
- Students will then perform practical hands on descents.
- Aerial rescue using the selected descent equipment
- Current proof of completion in fall protection training course is a prerequisite for this program
- This program concludes with a written examination and review
- Upon completion, successful students will be presented a Certificate and laminated wallet card
Train your staff today!
Click to schedule training for your staff.
Register for course